Thursday, September 30, 2010

Random Thoughts...

1. Not a good idea to leave your baby un-diapered, even for a brief second while you go to the next room to get a new one. Unless you like cleaning up grey poop-on mustard off the bouncy chair. Babies require a lot of time:)
2. Sometimes 3 year olds are more work than a newborn!
3. Lasagna is much better the second day.
4. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are a gift from God.
5. My hair dryer has a thick layer of dust on it from not being used. No time for blow drying my hair...see #1.
6. Tomorrow is already October.
7. Seems like it was just August...see #1 again.
8. On-line bill pay is another gift from God.
9. Always shred your meat when it's still warm. I made a pork roast yesterday, we ate some of it for dinner. Pulled pork is on the menu for dinner tonight, but it's a pain in the you-know-what to shred when the meat is cold.
10. My new favorite cookbook is the Pioneer Woman Cooks. http://thepioneerwoman.com/ Not only is the author hilarious, I'm pretty sure we would be best friends if she knew me and at least lived in the same state. She uses words like hanky panky and calls her husband Marlboro Man.
11. My pedi from August has now seen better days. The 1/4" grow out needs some attention. But who has time to paint their toe nails anyway?!? Again, see #1.

Okay, my weirdness is done for the day. Have a good one.

5 comments:

The Alders said...

Very Cute post, your so funny. I have been following the Pioneer Woman for a while now and she is so amazing. I would love to spend just a couple days at her ranch. Let me know if you wanna see her cookbook, it's AMAZING!!!

jimnjackie said...

Love your random thoughts and your lasagna! I have the same pedi problem. I think Bumpa and Dad can babysit while we go take care of that problem! How about next weekend?!

Oergel said...

The Pioneer Women's Cookbook is awesome - try the steak sandwiches with cube steaks. YUMMY! Funny ramblings!

Tracie said...

We love the Pioneer Woman Cookbook too! We cook out of it all the time. The twiced baked potatoes are awesome too!

Danielle said...

I know this is an older post but I can identify! My toe nails I can get done but my finger nails...that's tricky. Can any mom of littles have a good manicure? I think not.