Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Big Girl Potty...

*Update: 3 potties and a poo this morning- were are on the right track!!!! :) YIPPPPEEE!!!

*Update #2: Tyler arrived home safely at 2:30 a.m. We stayed up until about 3:30 catching up. Pictures to follow:)A few weeks ago I bought McKinley a training potty. It's been in her bathroom since and she loves to sit on it when I go to the bathroom. It's pretty funny that I'm writing about our bodily functions, anyway, that's beside the point. This past week she has recognized when she "goes" in her diaper and will bring me a diaper when she needs a new one and she's gone potty and poo in the big girl potty a few times today! I am hoping this trend is not a fluke as diapers are disgusting and spendy. And as a side note to McKinley when she realizes her mommy posted a picture of her on the crapper...sorry, but it was cute.

On a total different wave length...

When I was a little girl, I spent a lot of time at my Unky Alan's. He had this gun cabinet that had a drawer at the bottom of it and when we were little we (Michelle, Kirt & I) would play with the dentist tools (my grandpa's) and binder clips that were stored in the drawer. I have always liked the gun cabinet. A number of years ago, Unky's house was broken into and the cabinet was damaged. My dad fixed it and turned it into a book shelf. I have whined for a few years that I wanted this gun cabinet/book shelf and since I didn't have any luck selling our washer and dryer, I traded them for the book shelf! I couldn't be happier and McKinley loves the new toy. She is such a monkey. I never know what she'll be climbing or hanging off of next!! This is how I found her this afternoon...I heard a few giggles and discovered the new book in the shelf:)

PS. I just got off the phone with Tyler- he will be home sometime late tonight. I'll post all the details of the big hunt soon. :) Please pray for his safe return home.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Glad to hear that Tyler is home again and you are having luck potty training! Such a time of change for kids and growing up. They sure don't stay babies for long.

Tracie said...

Great job on the potty training. Emma was "interested" at 16 months, but since I was about to have Marcus, I didn't really act on it. Now she's 2 1/2 and I can't get her to do it! Olivia is potty trained, but Emma is just too busy...so keep it up...don't let her lose interest! :-)