Friday, December 16, 2011

Poor baby!

This picture sums up our month. Poor Morgan caught a cold in early November. I can deal with colds. Snot is not as bad as poop or barf. Right?!? Well, the poor kid got an ear infection. She took antibiotics for 10 days and was sort of getting better. I say sort of because she still wasn't her happy rambunctious self. Then she caught another cold and guess what? Oh you guessed it- another ear infection. This time she was treated with numbing ear drops an a different antibiotic. Two weeks later she's on her 3rd round of antibiotics. Last night was one of those nights you hear about from other parents and secretly thank God it wasn't you. Let's see...so I'm highly allergic to penicillin. Not just highly, really, really highly. Anyway, I gave her the dose after dinner last night and all was well. Went to my wonderful bookclub and started getting itchy. So I came home in time to break out in hives all over my body. Downed a few benedryl pills and am now fine. I have no clue why I reacted so bad this time as I'm not sipping the junk for fun and I wash like a crazy person after administering the crap. Anyway, what matters is I'm fine. So we go to bed. Thank god, cause I felt like I was drunk on benedryl. Our sweet Morgan woke up at some point. I went into her room, put drops in her ears and gave some advil. This has been our new nightly ritual for weeks now. I feel like I have an infant. Anyhow, I go back to bed, turn on my fan so I can try to go back to sleep while Morgan is whining in her room:( I had one of those moments where I just felt like something was wrong. So I go back into her room. I opened the door only to realize I had just smacked her with the door as she CLIMBED out of her crib and was standing by the door screaming when I opened it. Needless to say it was a very long night!
Hopefully my book of blog post makes sense, I'm tired!
I'm so ready for summer! And I love winter!:(

2 comments:

Oergel said...

Poor baby and poor mommie! I remember those days - are tubes in Morgan's future?

Tracie said...

We missed you! Welcome back :-) So sorry to hear you have a sick baby...that's no fun!