Monday, January 14, 2008

Ski patrol to the rescue...

Saturday night dinner
Mel with "Rock star" :)
Kathy, Tyler & Mel
McKinley with Papa
Tyler & McKinley
We almost left the baby in the garage:) ha ha.

We had a great time this weekend! We arrived Friday night and settled in. Grandma Shirley had made Chili for dinner- yummy! I think the Mays family was first to hit the hay! McKinley of course, was in bed by 8. Tyler was 2nd at 8:30, and I think I made it to 8:45. We were so tired for some reason. Saturday morning we ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast and went to the ski area for our lessons. Kathy and I had ski lessons with a great teacher and Tyler and Tyler had snowboarding lessons. Tyler's teacher said he was a "rock star" and he and Tyler were able to hit the slopes after a short lesson. Kathy and I stuck to the rope tow for a while and then hit the slopes...Kathy is gifted athletically (she is a marathon runner!) I on the other hand, have never been gifted athletically and it showed:) It took us a good 1/2 hour to get down the bunny hill the first time, the second time was a little faster and the 3rd...well, everyone waited for me at the bottom. We went back to the house for lunch and then went back so the boys could board from the top and Kathy skied from the top. I hung out at the lodge and drank hot chocolate. It was fun to people watch. I met a really cool Grandpa type guy that leads snowshoers. I think that is more up my alley. :) Saturday night we had prime rib, 2wice baked spuds, bread and salad for dinner- sooo good. We managed to stay up until after 9 and hit the hot tub a while after dinner. Sunday we took McKinley for a hike and then came home. The rest of the clan skied/snowboarded and Grandma Shirley hung out at the house. It was a super trip!


I think I will stick to snowmobiling though:)

No comments: