We had so much fun on our trip to visit Miles. Our trip down the Payette River (south fork, canyon section) was amazing! It was totally wild in parts. I am happy to report I stayed in the raft at all times:) We camped next to the river Saturday night and had a great time tent camping. We haven't slept in the tent for quite some time since we have the trailer...
This was a hot springs right next to the river. There was a waterfall of hot/warm water that filled the pool we were sitting in. It was so cool! The people next to us are Miles' friends that were floating with us.
Tyler at BIG Falls. We had to portage the raft, get out and billy goat our way around the falls. This picture does not do the falls any justice. They were HUGE!
Cooking burgers Saturday night. Randy ate 3 of them!!! Piggy.
If you enlarge the picture, you can see the two kyaks...Jake & Russell dove right into the water from that ledge. It was really cool to watch. The picture was taken right below Big Falls.
White girls can jump!! :) I am not really one to do anything "sporty", but I did jump off this rock with Miles. He counted to 3 and off we went. Good thing he counted, or I would still be there talking myself into jumping.
As you can see, our trip to Boise was wonderful. We can't wait to go back next year for another float trip. Tyler and I both really enjoy rafting and camping. We were totally in our element. As for McKinley, as soon as she can swim, she will be right there with us!! :)



2 comments:
Oh that looks like tons of fun. We didn't know about that place when we lived near Boise earlier this year! I have river rafted down the Deschutes and it was awesome. Would love to do it again. Nice weekend!
What a great vacation! The scenery is amazing. Glad you are home safe and sound!
Post a Comment