Saturday, July 12, 2008

Things I love...


I wish I could take the credit for this idea, but I stole it from my friend Gemma's blog. And I think she stole the idea from her friend. It is such a fun one, I couldn't help it...

Things I love-
The first few minutes after McKinley wakes up in the morning or from a nap, the smell of her baby breath, how one side of her hair is longer then the other, how her toes look exactly like mine, how she loves tools like her daddy, when she sees her daddy after work, watching her learn, listening to her eat (the hummm), listening to her talk, listening to her giggle, listening to her belly laugh.

The crisp mountain air in the fall, the smell of pine needles after a good rain, cooking breakfast in the camper, sleeping next to a creek, elk bugling, riding in the jeep with the top off in the rain, taking a shower after a few days of camping, laying in bed listening to the rain beat down on the camper, my great grandpa and grandma's old beach house, the feeling of accomplishment after climbing a mountain, getting up at 5 a.m. to hunt with my dad, caramel creamer in my coffee, floating the river (especially when I was little with my Papa), white water rafting, swimming in a pool, kissing my husband in a pool or the ocean, the ocean period, especially Hanalei Bay Kauai.
The 30 minutes after I clean the entire house, cookies fresh from the oven, cookie dough, brownie batter, snickers candy bars, chocolate covered raisins, Tyler's steaks, especially the first one he bbq'd for me in 1998!, the way my hubby looks in a towel:), the way my hubby's butt looks in jeans- any brand!!, our yard, our patio, our kitchen, MY laundry room, the pantry full of canned peaches, pears, asparagus, pickles, salsa, tomatoes, the smell of snowmobiling gear, the sound of old blue, the mess on McKinley's face when she tries to feed herself, McKinley's pig tails, when Tyler dresses her, when she runs to him with her arms out, when she spurs the dirt bike to make daddy drive faster, her motor noises, how men can make gun noises so much better then women, the smell of my-little-pony's, hunting morel mushrooms.
Having coffee and left over wedding cake on the deck of our condo in Kauai the morning after we were married, going to bed next to the man I love, our wedding video, our wedding, wishing my husband would wear a speedo (ha!, just kidding!), my husbands athletic ability, island time, Disneyland, traveling anywhere.
Helping friends, teaching children new things, being a mommy, being a wife, being an auntie, being a daughter, being a grand daughter, being a great-granddaughter, being a friend, cooking a meal for someone in need, helping someone in need, reading in the bath tub, sitting in the hot tub when it is snowing.
There are so many things I love, I could keep going on and on. I'm sure you'd rather see pictures of our cute little girl, so I'll save the rest of my loves for a later post.
Love to all. Have a good weekend.

The 2nd time we went to Kauai. We hope to go again soon!!

2 comments:

Katie and Bob said...

That's a pretty neat idea, maybe I will do that too!

wolfenbarger bunch said...

I love it!! This was one of the most theraputic things I have done. No lie in the last week, Audrey has been teething and things have just been overall stressful, I have looked at my list a couple times, and every time I do I smile. Isn't it amazing that God gave us these "little things" to help us get through the "bigger things".
Gemma