Sunday, September 14, 2008

Alpine Country...

Tyler fishing. I was perched on a rock relaxing when I took this picture. I think I sat on that rock for an hour. It was heavenly. There are a few little creeks that trickle into the lake. Completely serene and peaceful! We forgot to take a picture by the lake, so the creek by our camp was our only choice for a photo op.
Coming down the trail. It was pretty rocky in places.
Rachel fixing my rats nest. We named our spot the "Tangle Ridge Salon."

Rachel with her dust protection gear:)


Miranda & I this morning.

Tyler and I went on an overnight jeep trip in the high country. It was heavenly! Dan, Miranda, Unky Allan, Rachel & Claire came along also. The seasons have officially changed- we froze our rears off until about noon. Tyler caught 2 beautiful fish, which we are having for dinner tonight. We also picked huckleberries and black caps on our way up and had just enough for pancakes this morning:) We love the alpine elevation. The scenery, wildlife and vegetation is amazing.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Oergel said...

Your fly fishing photo is amazing! Love the results too. Huckleberry pancakes are my favorite - we haven't picked in a few years. You inspire me to go again!!