Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recipe of the week...

I am going to TRY posting a recipe weekly. This is one of our favorites. It is especially good this time of year. Enjoy!

Chicken Lasagna:

2 cups cottage cheese (no fat free crap!)
1 package cream cheese, softened
4 cups cooked cubed chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp. salt
6 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 package (6 oz) stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine chicken, soups, milk, onion and salt. Spread half of the chicken mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Top with 3 noodles. Spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Toss stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

4 comments:

Oergel said...

Thanks for posting a recipe - Can't wait to try it!

Tracy said...

Oh that sounds good. I happen to have almost everything to try this! Thanks!

Tracie said...

Great idea! I always love a good recipe. We are always looking for new things to try! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more.

wolfenbarger bunch said...

That sounds Good! I can't wait to try it!!!
Gemma